Friday, October 25, 2013

Whoa!!!! My childhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        I am at my grandparents house. I sit down. Grandma is not there. Grandpa, mom ,and dad are the only ones there. I am in the kitchen of my grandma Lucy. I sit down thinking something happened to my grandma Lucy.  My parents were not acting normal. I notice that my grandpas face is red like he had been crying. I ask mom, is grandpa ok ?  Mom tells me yeah he is fine.
         "Where is grandma?" I ask loudly, and scarily.
           " Um well hon the thing is something happened to grandma Lucy, that you would not understand at your age." mom states!
            "JUST TELL ME,TELL ME PLEASE I DON'T CARE HOW UPSETTING IT IS. I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY GRANDMOTHER!" I scream! My mom tells me she is in the hospital  and has a disease called Cancer!
           " Will she be okay?" I ask. I hope so my mom tells me.
          " Can I see her mom?" I plead! My mom tells me NO she is in very bad condition. I do not want you to see her honey.
             " When can I see her?" I ask. In a few days my mom tells me!!! When I see her I hug her, kiss her and start crying.Then I start dancing. I have always loved dancing.
                                              A FEW MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
               My mom calls me into the other room.
                " Hon I have bad news." mom states.
                  "What has happened mom?" I ask.
                    " Grandma" is all she tells me!!
                        " Grandma WHAT???????" I plead.
                     " Grandma died!!!"  she sighs.
                   "Grrrrrrraaaaaannnnddddmmmmaaaaa died?" I plead.
                  " Yes mom says!!
                                         I CRY FOR A LONG TIME!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, really emotional story Melissa! Your side comments were also very helpful to understand your reaction as this happened to you, helping us as the reader to get a better image of what happened. I can really personally understand your loss, especially cause I too lost my grandmother a few years ago, which later lead to some other conflicts in the future. Nice memoir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a touching story. I feel like i could relate to it. My grandpa died, but not because of cancer. I love all the dialogue in it and the use of the capitol letters and explanation points proves your point really well. I can tell you had a connection with your grandma and i am sorry for your loss. Anyway, Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete