Saturday, September 14, 2013

Reading response on summer reading book.


            "Make Lemonade" by Virginia Euwer Wolff is about  a girl named LaVaughn  who is  in
Junior High but is determined to get into college already. She needs the money though. She responds to an ad for a baby sitting job, but her mom says don't do it. Then her mom reluctantly says yes. she then meets seventeen year old single mother named Jolly with two kids by different fathers. The kids names are Jilly and Jeremy. As she helps Jolly take care of them jolly's life turns out great. LaVaughn teaches the kids many lessons they need to know for the future, and helps jolly with many things.
              
          La Vaughn decides to start saving up for college. She thinks she should get a job. she looks at posters at her school and her friends go for the ones that are cleaning jobs. LaVaughn goes for the one that says desperately need a babysitter. Before calling she asks her mom. Her mom responds NO!. Then she tells her mom it is to save up for college. Her mom reluctantly says yes. Then she immediately calls Jolly and gets the job. every day after school she took care of the kids up until 5 pm. she potty trained Jeremy, and got jilly to walk. Then she helped jolly gradate college. she got 40 a day. Therefore she was a good baby sitter.                                                                             


               Therefore,  "Make Lemonade" by Virginia Euwer Wolff is about  a girl named LaVaughn  who is  in Junior High but is determined to get into college already.Her mom lets her babysit Jeremy, and  jilly.Then she helped jolly graduate college. I loved this book a lot. I would read it again. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book, I'll look out for it next time I look for another book to read. I can kind of relate to LaVaughn's problem in terms of looking ahead in life(as far as college and jobs even), so for sure I think that I would enjoy reading this book. I agree, LaVaughn sounds like she myst have been a good babysitter, especially if she made that much money! If you like this book, I think you might enjoy reading "A Place Called Ugly" by Avi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems pretty cool. I like how you retold the story and then concluded that LaVaughn was a good babysitter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sounds like a really good book. I like how you compared how much money she got the the amount of effort. I like how you showed how good a babysitter she was. Good Job

    ReplyDelete